We’re “lucky” enough to live in a suburban neighborhood with a diligent home owners’ association. By that, I mean a bunch of busy bodies whose life mission it is to make sure there are no weeds growing in the cement seams in my driveway. They are also terribly picky when it comes to making sure the hedges are trimmed. This means that I’m outside every 2 weeks in the summer and every 4-6 weeks in the Florida winter trimming the bushes in the front yard. Trimming things back isn’t so bad, but picking up all the pieces and dragging them to the street is ridiculously boring and tedious. My kids even beg to clean toilets instead of helping because at least it’s cool inside!
All of this leads up to the #1 reason why I truly love my Garden Groom hedge trimmer. IT BAGS THE CLIPPINGS AS YOU TRIM. Yep, it’s super enough for all caps. The product says it’s “so easy it makes trimming fun”…I can’t say that’s true, but it does take the worst parts out of it. As you trim your bushes, it shreds the clippings to 1/10th of their original size and bags them, too. You no longer have to bend over and collect all the trimmings, hoping you get enough of them that they HOA doesn’t complain about that either, and get them into the trash can and out to the sidewalk. It all happens as you go.
The Garden Groom runs off electricity, so you don’t have to manage gasoline or gas fumes. The concealed blade make sit almost impossible to accidentally cut the power cord or any extension cords (yes, that happens, my own wife did it once!) With the rising costs of gasoline, it’s definitely better to leave gas for your car and not your tools!
Garden Groom Infomercial
The Garden Groom has a great infomercial – one of those 10-minute ones that isn’t too ridiculously long (like the Wen haircare ones!) but really lets you see what the product can do. Here’s the video where you can watch the Garden Groom in action:
That should give you a really good idea of how great the Garden Groom is. It cuts my yardwork time in half, and gets me back inside in plenty of time for football.
Garden Groom Benefits
If I haven’t already made it clear how great the Garden Groom is for trimming hedges and bushes, here’s a quick and easy list of its features and benefits.
- Saves your back! You don’t have to bend, scoop, or rake cuttings after you’re done.
- Bags clippings as you trim by using vacuum action to suck them into the bin.
- Shreds clippings to save space in your bags and garbage cans.
- Operates off a dual-edge blade made of stainless steel that cuts 57,000 times a minute!
- If you compost, the shredded cuttings are ready for your compost bin right from the Garden Groom
- Very light weight and easy to handle for men and women of all ADULT ages and strengths, even seniors.
- Its 300-watt motor is extremely powerful and allows you to easily trim hedges with little effort.
- It has a “goof-proof” design to help prevent ugly trimming jobs.
- Two controls on the handle must be used at the same time, which prevents you from accidentally turning the garden groom off or on
- Runs off electricity, not expensive gasoline
- Made of contractor-grade components designed to last a lifetime.
But Wait, There’s More
You knew it was coming, right? That classic infomercial line: “But wait, there’s more!” When you order the Garden Groom online, you get two free bonus gifts. The first is a Mega Bag which can be attached to the Garden Groom and holds up to 500 square feet of clippings – that’s an average yard size of clippings without having to stop and change bags. The second free gift is a Garden Makeover Kit, which is a set of useful yard tools including a weed claw to clear away unwanted weeds (the ones you don’t like and the rest that the HOA cares about!) and a tilling tool for for tilling soil and to dig holes for planting trees or installing low-voltage lights.
60-Day Guarantee for the Garden Groom
The Garden Groom also comes with a 60-day guarantee. If you don’t think it’s the best trimmer you’ve ever used, just send it back for a complete refund of the purchase price. For full details see the site when you click through to purchase.